May 26, 2020

Iraj gives statement to CID at home! Featured

Singer Iraj Weeraratne has stated that the he had received the obscene video said to be former MP Kavinga Jayawardene's, from former MP Harin Fernando.

The 'Mawbima' newspaper has quoted Mr. Weeraratne as to saying that he has evidence to prove it.

Mr. Weeraratne had made this statement by summoning CID officials to his home.

Noting that he had deleted the video he had received from Mr. Fernando, Mr. Weeraratne has agreed to assist the police in this investigation.

However, he had claimed that Mr. Fernando had not sent it to him directly but had sent it to him through another person.

Recently, the CID had also obtained a statement from the daughter of former minister Jeevan Kumaratunga and former provincial councilor - Malsha Kumaratunga, who had gone to the CID.
Her mobile phone was also taken into custody by the CID.

Kavinga opens up on controversial video

Meanwhile, former MP Kavinda Jayawardena has stated that it has already been proven that the controversial video was not his.

Speaking during a Youtube interview programme - 'Truth with Chamuditha', he had said that the original video was on an Indian website around two years ago but had been re-uploaded to the internet after being edited.

During the interview, Dr. Jayawardena had alleged that Mr. Weeraratne as well as his sister - Rishini Weeraratne were involved in this.

Top