Jul 23, 2019

Govt. ready to purchase Neville Fernando Hospital for 3.5 b Featured

The Dr. Neville Fernando Hospital which was said to have been acquired by the government, is now planned to be bought for Rs. 3.5 billion, the GMOA states.

The GMOA Secretary Dr. Haritha Aluthge urged President Maithripala Sirisena to look into this matter and requested that an investigation should be carried out regarding this purchase by the Presidential Commission and other responsible institutions.

He noted that the Health Minister had earlier stated that the Neville Fernando Hospital was taken over by the government at no cost.

Aluthge stated that the Health Minister had said that having taken over the hospital it was being run at government expense, but no agreement had been signed regarding the acquisition.

He also noted that the GMOA had lodged complaints regarding this issue with the Bribery Commission, Auditor General’s Department, CID and Presidential Special Investigations Commission.

The GMOA Secretary also stated that while there is an ongoing investigation, the Health Minister is now claiming that measures are being taken to take over the Neville Fernando Hospital to the government paying Rs. 3.5 billion.

Leave a comment

Make sure you enter all the required information, indicated by an asterisk (*). HTML code is not allowed.

Top